Monday, September 28, 2015

Embrace The New

I’ve been thinking a lot about how new opportunities walk into our lives and how we react to them. For me, as someone who just stepped into the “real” world, there are so many new things to be discovered. This can be a nerve-racking experience, but it can also be very exciting. There is still so much I have to experience in this life, I’m just getting started. And that’s the thing, I don’t know what to expect because I’ve never been here before, but it’s how I deal with these new changes and opportunities that matter. I want to embrace them with an open mind and an open heart because there’s a chance that one of them could change my life.

Along with new job opportunities presenting themselves, I’ve also met a lot of new people recently. This has been refreshing and also eye opening to the people that walk in and out of our lives at different times. A while back, people told me that the friends you have early on in life will most likely not last. Now, in high school I had a very close-knit group of friends who I thought was always going to be a part of my life, but after graduating college, I realized I don’t talk to most of them anymore. We want to believe that the people we cherish will be with us long term, but the truth is people move on, they grow apart, and their lives can just be on completely different paths. Coming to terms with this realization was hard, it’s never fun losing friends, but I guess at the end of the day, it’s not so much about losing friends as it is finding out who your true friends really are, whether they be old or new.

Having new people in your life is much like starting anything new. You don’t really know what you’re getting into until you’ve been in it for a while. You have all these thoughts on what it could be, what it might be, but you don’t actually know until you really start to get to know them. However, just because we don’t know how something is going to turn out, doesn’t mean we shouldn't give it a chance. We should be excited about the prospects life has brought to us and just go with it because like I said, one opportunity that walks into your life could change it forever. If a door is open to you, why not walk through it, because you never know what’s on the other side until you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment